Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Little Monkey

Daniel never ceases to amaze me with his climbing abilities. Within a week of learning to crawl, he was scaling our large staircase, completely freaking me out! Now I regularly find him climbing onto stools, chairs, and any other platform that he can find. The other day I walked into his room and found this:
I just happened to have my camera in my hand at the moment and he flashed me the cutest, mischevious grin, completely aware that he was being a rascal! When I first walked in the room he actually had BOTH feet up on the arm of that rocking chair, balancing. Ridiculous. Isaiah and Mercy NEVER climbed things like this.

Speaking of those two, they are frequently playing together so well! Isaiah devises these elaborate secret missions for them and assigns Mercy one of any number of characters from Star Wars or Batman. He helps her dress up, equips her with whatever weapons she might need to defeat the bad guys, and off they go. Sometimes an hour or more will pass with them still deeply engrossed in their mission. I love it and sometimes find myself wrapped up in their play as well. Unfortulately, I am usually assigned the bad guy role. :) But this has its good side too, as i get to chase them and sneak up on them, which of course releases all kinds of joyful squeals and laughter. So fun!


This was one such occasion and the giant stuffed panda was their transportation. so cute.
And every once in a while, everyone slows down long enough for me to get snuggles from all 3! I love these times too.

No comments: