Thursday, May 21, 2009

Bedtime with my girl

Most nights I love bedtime with the kids. It is espcially fun if Daniel has gone on to bed and i can have time to read and snuggle with Isaiah and Mercy. If he is still awake it is a bit more of a juggling act and usually results in everyone doing story time together and getting "thrown" into bed. Mercy is at such a snuggly age. She loves to read, sing, and rock together. We always do the same books... The Very Busy Spider, Fiddle-I-Fee, Owen and Mzee, and Little Bunny's Bedtime. Every once in a while we add in another random one of her choice. Then we sing a few songs...usually Twinkle, Twinkle, Jesus Loves Me, Deep and Wide, and the Mercy song (a song i made up about her when she was a tiny baby). Then we pray and I put her in bed and say our nightly ritual of "I love you Mercy. You're my girl." To which she replies, "I love you Mommy. You're my girl!"

Then it is off to put Isaiah to bed unless Joab does it. Actually, Joab almost always puts Isaiah to bed. He is a great daddy. They read tons of books, Bible stories, and have some good ole daddy son talks. I love to listen in. :) Isaiah absolutely loves that time with his daddy.


1 comment:

Momma Mig said...

i just want you to know you look FIFTEEN in that top picture with mercy - i may have to hate you now - AND you are doing soooooo good at keeping up with your blog!!! honestly! better than anyone else i know!! good job mama!

(which you'll be so thankful for later b/c i hear there's a way to print out your posts and put them in a binder for memory keeping!)